Mais naturellement, Les Caves de Pyrene are winier than winey, with around 1,700 “references” (as the wine trade is wont to call them) from around 500 vignerons hailing from 18 countries. Around 70% of our producers farm organically or biodynamically, and the majority make wines fairly or very naturally, using native yeasts, ambient ferments and minimal additives.
You know all this already. Our list, however, has other rather lovely nooks and crannies that are most definitely worth discovering.
The Wine Side
- Huge selection of magnums
- BIBS – a good range of 5 and 10 litre bag-in-the-box wines
- About to release our first wines in key keg – you read it here first
As well as carrying copious vino we have the following:
- Three different sherry bodegas – Emilio Hildalgo, Sanchez Ayala, Cesar Florido (including our own en rama fino)
- Beers from Camden Town and Rocky Head Breweries
- Massive range of eaux de vie…(including Laurent Cazottes legendary eaux de vie – green tomato liqueur from 72 different kinds of tomatoes anybody?)
- Venerable vintage Armagnacs from Chateau Darroze, Domaine d’Aurensan and Chateau de Leberon
- World-renowned and delicious bottle-fermented natural ciders of Eric Bordelet.
- Sacred Microdistillery – Highgate gin and vodka and English vermouth
- Beckett’s Gin
- Artisan sakes from The Pure Sake Company
We ship and distribute:
- Appetising anchovies and terrific tuna from Don Bocarte
- Exquisite extra virgin olive oil from Masseria del Pino (Etna) and Panochori (Cephalonia)
- Books – Michel Tolmer’s Mimi, Fifi Glouglou; Alice Feiring’s For The Love of Wine…and other rattling reads.
- Chef & Sommelier wine glasses, flutes, tumblers…
- Beautiful Brian Hirst decanters
- Jute wine carrier bags with Real Wine Fair logo!
- Sundry wine accessories
Interested in finding out more about any of the wines that feature in this piece? Buy online here or contact us directly…
Retail: email@example.com / 01483 554750